Monday, December 15, 2008

How do I Optimize My work to rememeber What I need to do !!!

It's a part II of the my previous post - "Oh Gosh !!! its very difficult for me to remember all I need to do .."

If you have not read my last post please do and then go-ahead with this one to get the link back ... :)

So... coming back to me... 

Here are some of the basic things I do in office to remember what i need to work and this technique might be helpful just in case if you are like me...


  1. I will make mails as follow up (as soon as I read mail if I need to follow up that mail then I will mark it as follow up, that dumps the mail in the follow-up folder which highlights for me  to check and follow through)
  2. I will block my calendar (If that follow up comes under three days ago, or month ago or older I will drag and drop to calendar and block my calendar so that I need to work on that on mail at that time .. there is no other go I have finish that)
  3. Write the To Do list - Dusvedaniya (soon I come to office first thing I do is make a list of things I need to do for that day, and I will make sure I will finish that work before I leave home, trust me even if I want to read any article I will block my calendar)
  4. Update agenda on the meetings (before I sent out any mail I will update agenda or if I had just sent a meeting request  with the general discussion say for example task review meeting then I will send out the request with or without agenda however in the meantime I will keep updating topics I have to discuss in the meeting schedule on my calendar so that I can discuss all that’s in the list while I am in the call/meeting.
  5. Meeting note on one note - Thanks to Microsoft very excellent tool to make a note of the calendar I would recommend everyone to make use of one note to make the meeting note.

Most important things... I forgot to mention its 1 hour drive to office from my home... so what i should do so that i should not just kill my time driving... Ting!!! Idea (This phrase I learnt from the those beautiful people I had interacted in past and a permanent thread keep running still in the back of my mind always) So in the busy days we get less time to interact with the people around us, we never even call to close family people and friends for months sometime .. everyday while go to office I call all of them who I think I should keep in touch (Except some which I cannot call even though I want to) hmmm  I get happy talking, and making sure I am in touch, well .. 

I am polling my car from someday... so i need to thing of some other alternative now so that not to kill time just talking with my friend while drving (yeah somtime i drive and many times him - i hate driving in traffic you see) so again Ting Idea !!! .. I have mentioned him to bring one everyday one article on Web analytics (our core expertise) and read out explain and discuss till we reach office whoever not driving... (Me now ;-) ...)

Take Aways!!

  • Always make To Do it list (or do it list)
  • Reduce traffic (by Pooling Car - Comute.com)
  • Do not waste the time - Keep thing and extract best out of it.
  • Do multi tasking (keep watching TV while you do other work ;-)..)
  • Rest pleas comment if you read my blog.

Hey... I am getting sleep... Good I god time to write something today... its Sunday... night I will publish this once I have a spell check... i am very bad in spelling... 

Good night and bye to CNN IBN (I was watching news along me write ;-)  ....)

It’s Pradeep SV for you...

Some of the Memory releated article which you might like 

12 Memory Tricks

Fear you're losing your marbles? Try these memory tricks

No comments: